The FSHRMPS Award Program recognizes achievement of organizations and individuals who have demonstrated excellence in the field of risk management and patient safety.
The Professional Recognition Award is the society’s highest honor and is awarded to an individual FSHRMPS member who has made significant contributions to FSHRMPS, to the profession of health care risk management and patient safety.
The criteria for the award includes:
- The nominee must be a FSHRMPS member with a minimum of five years membership in FSHRMPS. Current FSHRMPS board members and officers are ineligible, but committee and task force chairpersons who are not board members may be nominated.
- Nominee should have demonstrated support and contributions to FSHRMPS and its members.
- Active participation in FSHRMPS committees and or making presentations during educational meetings or activities.
- Nominee should have demonstrated resourcefulness and innovation in the field of risk management and patient safety.
- Responsible for major contributions to the advancement of the profession of risk management through authorship, teaching, research in risk management, etc.